The Master of Music in Collaborative Piano (MMCP), offered by Townsend School of Music, is intended to allow talented pianists, who have completed an undergraduate degree in music, to enter an intense period of graduate, professional study that will prepare them for a career in collaborative piano. This is distinct from a Master of Music in Performance (Piano).
- Classes in German, French and English art song repertoire
- Classes in opera and oratorio repertoire
- Vocal, instrumental, and Chamber Music classes
- Individual lessons with Mercer faculty and students
- Coaching sessions with Distinguished Faculty Artists
- Opportunities for collaboration with chamber, opera and choral ensembles
- Master's Degree in Collaborative Piano (Instrumental/Vocal)
While the student chooses one area of primary concentration, there are cross-over learning opportunities for all.