Wind Ensemble Auditions 2018-2019
The Townsend School of Music Instrumental Area is pleased to announce the audition schedule for the 2018-19 Mercer University Wind Ensemble!
All new band student musicians will audition on Monday, 20 August in the McCorkle Music Building, Room 118. Returning band student musicians will audition on Tuesday, 21 August in the same location. Exact 8-minute audition times will be assigned and emailed to each applicant no later than the 15th of August.
Mercer University student musicians from all undergraduate schools, (CLA, Tift College of Education, Stetson School of Business, School of Engineering, and of course, TSM), regardless of academic major, are encouraged to audition! Interested students should complete the following simple steps:
- Complete and submit the “Mercer University Wind Ensemble Audition Application Form” found on the TSM website under “2018 Wind Ensemble Auditions” at this link http://music.mercer.edu/
- Download and prepare the etude for your instrument of expertise. (Percussionists please note: there are 3 excerpts – mallet, sd, & timp.)
- Be able to play from memory all 12 major scales, 2 octaves where possible.
- Sightread a short piece that will be provided during the audition.
The following positions are open for audition:
- 1 picc/5 fls
- 4 obs/ (1 doubles English hn)
- 4-5 cls
- 1 b cl
- 3 bsns
- 2 asx (1 doubles ssx)
- 1 tsx
- 1 bsx
- 4-5 trps
- 4 hns
- 4-5 trbs
- 1 b trb
- 3 euphos
- 3 tubas
- 5-6 perc
- 1 hp
Mercer University Wind Ensemble Audition Application Form 2018-19
Please click on the instrument link below for the music to audition for Wind Ensemble: